The 2023 Fall Biannual Compliance Training is just around the corner – launching on Sept. 25. All faculty, staff, and student employees, who are active employees as of Sept. 18, will be required to complete the training by Oct. 27.
About the Training
This year the training will include the following four modules and should take no longer than one hour to complete:
- University System of Georgia Ethics Refresher,
- Sexual Misconduct,
- Ethics in Action (includes Conflict of Interest attestation) and,
- Cybersecurity Awareness/2023 Your Role: Internet Security and You.
- Sept. 21: Active employees as of Sept. 18 are enrolled in the training
- Sept. 25: Training period begins
- Oct. 27: Training period ends
- Oct. 30: Softlocks (to Georgia Tech systems) begin for employees who have not completed the training
- Nov. 26: Softlock period ends
- Nov. 27: Final report of employees who have not completed the training sent to Institute leadership
- Nov. 28: Discipline action begins
What HR Partners and People Leaders Can Do Today
To help ensure only active employees (including students and temporary employees) are enrolled in the training, please make sure anyone who is not working or will not be working after Sept. 18, 2023, is removed from the HCM system in OneUSG Connect.
As in the past, email reminders will be sent to employees during the training period as well as the lock out period. Throughout the campaign, managers will have access to reports showing direct reports who have not completed the training. Reports will also be sent to executive leadership on a regular basis.
This year, the compliance training period will be shorter than last fall and softlocks to Georgia Tech systems will be implemented much sooner. In addition, disciplinary notices will be issued to those who do not complete the training in a timely manner.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Terry Bridges (firstname.lastname@example.org, 404-971-1528) for more information.